Katie is a Mom, Wellness Coach and Yoga Instructor. Katie is passionate about empowering others to transform their lives and grow into health and happiness. She brings together Yoga with nutrition and the thought process to create successful programs. Katie is well versed in Essential Oils and a Non Toxic Life. Her biggest goal is to maintain a Healthy, Happy Life and guide you towards that as well. Katie studied at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition with many experts in the Nutrition and Wellness industry. Her insights and articles can be found on her blog (www.katiebellwellness.com). To learn more about Katie look for her on Facebook or Pinterest or You Tube.
Facebook link- http://www.facebook.com/kbellLMT
Pinterest link- https://www.pinterest.com/katiepwe/
You Tube link- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY4omy2rMqTMRTYDipt9kLA
How do you know what is Healthy for you?
The whole world of food and nutrition is a back and forth argument. One expert says something is the best thing for you and another says it’s the worst. What is “healthy” is constantly changing every day. It can become a confusing and difficult journey to eat healthy and live a health filled life when there are so many opposing positions on the topic. Have you ever felt confused by what it means to be healthy?
Here’s the thing, being healthy is dependent upon you. Health has so many opposing views because it is something that is defined by each individual. Certain foods don’t sit well with one person and another person may feel great after eating them. Here is an example: Last year I was doing really well entering into a mostly plant based diet. I was feeling great, then I got pregnant and I was craving meat of all kinds. This was something I needed and that was why I was craving it. So I now have found a balance in my diet to help me be the healthiest I can be.
You see health is up to the individual. So the answer to what is healthy is up to you! Now how do we get there? How do you figure out what is healthy for you? Here are some tips that have helped me and many others find how to live our healthiest…
· Write it down! Start a Food Journal. Write down what you ate and how you felt physically and emotionally. This goes for any kind of daily practice, not just food. Write down what you craved and if you gave in or not. After about two weeks you can look back and see the patterns of what foods and/or practices work best and which ones don’t work at all. This only takes about 5 minutes a day and is well worth your time.
· Experiment! Try something new every day, you may be missing out on something that is so wonderful for you. Be open to change and new experiences.
· Give it 30 days ;that is enough time to see the true effect on your body and mind.
· Hear what the experts say, listen and feel what resonates with you. Do what feels right for you personally.
A healthy lifestyle is a journey, it is your personal journey. Embrace it, enjoy it, and grow in it. Health is ever changing in the world so buckle in for the ride and explore. Create what it means to be healthy for you, don’t be tied up in what everyone else says. Do what is best for you!
Here are two fun recipes to try and totally vegan!
What you Need for Marshmallow Fluff
· Can of Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas
· Sweetener of Choice
· Optional: Cream of tartar, Vanilla extract
1. Open your can of garbanzo beans, drain the water out into your mixing bowl. Then set beans aside for later.
2. Add ½ cup of organic cane sugar or your sweetener of choice to the mixing bowl.
3. If you wish you can add a tiny pinch of cream of tartar and/or 1-2 tsp Vanilla extract (Depending on your taste buds)
4. Now beat with your mixer on a low-medium speed, depending on the power of your mixer. Let it mix about 12-15 minutes. It will take a few minutes to “fluff” be patient.
5. Then you are ready to enjoy!
Notes: You can store in the fridge about 1 week. It will Separate, just remix it together and you will have fluff. If you use sugar you can bake this into meringue cookies too. I adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie and was so impressed I formulated my own and have been making it ever since J
Now Let’s Make some Hummus with those Beans!Hummus
What you Need for Hummus
· 1 Can of Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas
· 3 TBSP Olive Oil
· 1 ½ TBSP Lemon Juice
· 1 Garlic Clove Minced
· ¾ TSP Cumin
· ½ TSP Sea Salt
Here we Go…
1. First take the beans and place them in a pot with water. You want to bring the water to a boil, cooking the beans a bit. (This will make it easier to form Hummus)
2. Once the water comes to a boil, turn off stove top and remove from heat. Strain the beans. Save ½ cup of the water.
3. Let beans cool a moment. Once cool add them to you food processor or Ninja blender.
4. Add olive oil, lemon Juice, garlic, cumin, salt and 3 TBSP of your water you saved on top on the beans.
5. The mix/process until creamy. Add more water if needed, 1 TBSP at a time.
I hope you enjoy these recipes!!